Hey all! I’m back from a not so bad 12 hour shift. I was actually at the doctor’s office watching The Chew and saw this recipe featured on the episode, so I hurriedly scribbled the recipe down, and immediately bought the ingredients after my appointment. I can say that these cakes are really delicious. Let’s get started!
Handful of leeks, chopped
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Bunch of kale, sliced
1/4 cup of Gruyere cheese, or any other preferred cheese
1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
Avocado or olive oil
3 red potatoes
1. Boil potatoes until tender and manageable, then peel off the skins.
2. Sauté the sliced kale and add a handful of chopped leeks.
3. Mix with mashed potatoes, then add Gruyere or other preferred cheese.
4. Add 1/4 ground black pepper and 1/8 tsp. of salt.
5. Mix well and form into cake patties.
6. Coat and roll on powdered Parmesan cheese.
7. Fry in a non-stick pan with olive or avocado oil.