Got this Olive Garden recipe from my classmate called Mushroom Chicken Piccata. We like the tangy and strong flavor of the chicken, and the blending of the capers adds some extra punch. Hurry! Let’s start gathering our ingredients…
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup flour + 1/2 tsp.salt and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper for dredging the chicken
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine or red wine
1 tbsp. Berio olive oil + 1 tbsp. butter (optional)
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
2 tbsp. Paesena Non Pareil Capers, drained
12 oz Portabella mushrooms, sliced
1.Flatten the chicken breasts. They should look like this:
2. Dredge the flattened chicken with flour, salt, and pepper, and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. In the same pan, throw in sliced mushrooms, and cook them until they sweat and turn brown. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Bring to a boil and stir in 1/4 cup wine, then stir in broth and bring to a boil.
5. From 1 lemon, cut 4 slices (remove all the seeds) and squeeze some juice, and add the remaining lemon juice to the skillet.
6. Stir in 2 tablespoons of drained capers and continue cooking until sauce thickens.
7. Add chicken to the sauce just to heat through.