I bumped into the Asian cooking channel of Debbie Wong, this recipe is quick, fascinating and had lots of vegetables, as usual I don’t have cucumbers so I utilized zucchini, those who can’t tolerate zucchini raw, can blanch them together with the 2 kinds of noodles, you can use whatever rice or flour or bean noodles you have in the house, let’s go Vietnamese…..
Hey all,don’t be scared of how many the ingredients are and please exclude the pumpkin that’s my decor for Halloween, Okay?
1. 2 lbs. chicken, beef or pork, ground
2. 2 pieces garlic cloves, grated or minced
3. 2.5 cm. ginger, grated or minced
4. 1 tsp. cornstarch
5. 1 tsp. fish sauce
6. 3 pieces chopped green onions
1 cucumber or zucchini, cut into matchsticks
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
2 limes and cilantro or watercress
cooked rice, bean or flour sticks noodles,(used Pancit Canton and glass noodles like Vermicelli)
1. Mix first 6 ingredients and form into almost flat round balls. Fry in a heated pan with hot oil, drop them in until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
2.Mix the sauce by squeezing 2 limes and reserving 1/3 of the juice for later use, add 1 tbsp. fish sauce and 1 tbsp. brown sugar, mix very well then place the noodles and incorporate the sauce into the noodles, better to use your clean hands in mixing them until well combined.
3. With that same bowl with the lime, sugar and fish infused noodles, start plating by placing 4 pieces of cooked meatballs, put in the carrots, zucchini or cucumbers and chopped cilantro or watercress and throw in sliced red chilies and finally` pour in the remaining lime juice.
Healthy, fresh and Masarap, Peaches!!!