Aren’t you guys fascinated with all these colors? I bet you’ll be surprised with the veggies I used to make these colors, credit to Desi Fiesta, she’s a genius! Let’s make some rainbow sandwiches, unsuspecting kids who hate veggies will definitely eat these!
1 package white bread slices
6 tbsp. carrot, finely grated from half of a huge carrot
6 tbsp. beets (cut in quarters, boiled and puréed)
6 tbsp. spinach (blanched and puréed 1 bundle)
12 tbsp. cream cheese
3 tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In 3 different bowls, add grated carrots, beets purée, and spinach purée respectively.
2. Add 3-4 tablespoon cream cheese, salt and pepper and 1 tbsp.butter in each bowl.
3. Mix them well with separate spoons.
4. Spread spinach in 1 slice of bread, spread beets on the 2nd slice of bread and carrots on the 3rd bread. It will look like the picture below.
5. Make sure you arrange the slices spread side up. Attach the beet bread into the spinach bread, making sure you align them properly, then the carrot bread.
6. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes so that we have clean crusts and the spread will not be sloppy.
7. Now take the cling wrap and trim the bread crusts. You may slice the bread into triangles or rectangles. It took me a while to finish, but it is well worth it.
Enjoy this rainbow of taste!
Peaches, so Sarap!!!