Whenever I prepare and taste these Tea sandwiches, I feel like royalty. Don’t you think so? The meticulous preparation, dainty tea cups, these Tupelo Honey Spoons, sipping freshly brewed tea leaves… it reminds me of a Japanese tea ceremony! Let’s go to England this time before I detour to Japan. Credit goes to Williams Sonoma for this Tea Sandwiches recipe.
2 cups cooked shrimp (shells and heads off)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
Salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
10 whole wheat bread slices
Watercress sprigs with coarse stems removed
1. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine shrimp, butter and lemon juice. Process until shrimp are coarsely chopped.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Spread about 1/3 of filling on each 5 bread slices.
3. Top with watercress sprigs and remaining bread slices.
4. Cut off crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
5. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Keep chilled until served. Makes 20 small sandwiches.
This is so simple to make, tastes great, and smells good too. Peaches, Masarap!!!