Got this recipe from an old issue of Vegetarian Times. So good for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. It’s a perfect combination with brown rice and fried fish or perfect with crusty bread, naan, flatbreads, or mini baguette. Yummy, yum, yum!!!
3 tbsp. avocado oil
1/2 thinly sliced, medium red onion
2 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. garam masala
1/4 tsp.cayenne pepper
2 15 oz. cans chickpeas
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 and 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
7 cups packed baby spinach
1/2 cup, chopped cilantro
1. Heat avocado oil in a skillet, add sliced onion, finely chopped fresh ginger, curry powder, garam masala and cayenne pepper.
2. Cook, stirring often until onion is softened, 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in 2 cans of drained chickpeas and 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of kosher or Himalayan pink salt.
4. Add 7 cups of packed baby spinach, stirring to wilt and until the flavor has melded, for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
Here it is friends. A big shoutout to Vegetarian Times from Peaches. Masarap!!!