Got this recipe many years ago from a newspaper; the page was really torn and I couldn’t see who wrote it, but it’s sooo good! They go so fast.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice blend
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 package saltine crackers
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup crumbled crisp cooked bacon
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet or place an aluminium foil baking sheet atop an unrimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
2. Arrange saltine crackers in a single layer covering the entire baking sheet like this:
3. Mix all the ingredients in a pot excluding the sunflower seeds and crisp bacon.
4. Combine over medium heat, bring to a simmer and stir to combine. When it thickens, pour the mixture over the crackers, spreading until the crackers are evenly covered.
5. Bake at 350ºF until golden brown and bubbly for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup crumbled crisp cooked bacon.
6. Allow to cool completely. Make a lot because they will be gone so fast.