Got this recipe from Kristina Kordesh, a former Nurse Practitioner in our unit. I remembered tasting it during one of our parties after she gave me a piece. The preparation and method of cooking is a bit tedious because of the gooey melted chocolate, so let’s get messy…
34-40 saltine crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 and 1/3 cups or 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1.Pre-heat oven to 325ºF and line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with Pam.
2. Arrange the crackers on the foil tightly together.
3. On a stove-top, melt 1 cup butter and mix in 1 cup light brown sugar until it completely dissolves and turns into a caramelized mixture.
4. Pour the carameralized mixture over the crackers, covering the crackers as evenly as possible.
5. Put the sheet of crackers into the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes until caramel is bubbling hot.
6. Remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips as the chips melt; spread carefully with a knife or a metal cake spatula to cover the crackers, being careful not to break the crackers as they’re quite brittle at this point. You can pick each cracker up individually to spread the chocolate, but the crackers will probably break.
7. Allow to cool, then freeze them. Take out from the freezer when ready to serve and break apart into varying pieces. Make a lot of batches as they go fast!
Shout outs to Super KK (Kristina Kordesch) for this recipe.
– Peaches, Masarap!!!