Finally decided to make these No Bake Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes. Because I was unable to retrieve my huge springform pan on time, I got 2 more mini springform cake pans instead. So no problem, I ended up with cute mini cheesecakes. Next time, I would use 2 cups of blueberries to deepen the cheesecake’s blue color. Also, I would use Oreo Cookies next time. I will also bring these to our 2000 Hail Mary’s prayer meeting.
3 cups Soda and Graham crackers( please use Oreo Cookies)
1 cup melted butter
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries ( used only 1 cup)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup raw honey
2 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box (4 envelopes) Knox unflavored gelatine
3 cups boiling water (divided)
2 and 1/2 iced cold water
1/2 cup Half and Half (divided)
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 packages berry blue JELL-O dessert ( you may use any color you want)
1.With the rolling pin, mash the cookies until they look like crumbs. Once pulverized , add melted butter and stir well. Spread on the bottom of each mini springform cake pan.
2. Refrigerate them and start boiling 2 cups of blueberries in a huge pot. When they simmer, turn down the heat and add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup honey, stirring continuously. When it starts to thicken, mash with a potato masher.
3. Beat 2 packages of Philadeiphia Cream cheese in a big bowl, add vanilla and lemon juice, gradually add 1/4 cup of Half and Half, add 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar. Beat well until well combined.
4. Now in a smaller pot, whisk 2 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatine in 1 cup boiling water until dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup iced cold water to break the boiling temperature, then add to the cream cheese mixture by beating well.
5. Pour into the crumb lined mini springform cake pans, cover with Saran Wrap and place again in the refrigerator until they harden.
6. Once they harden, decorate with fresh blueberries on top.
7. Boil 1 cup of water on a small pot and whisk well 2 envelopes of berry blue gelatin dessert until they dissolve, then add 1 cup of iced cold water, check the temperature first if it becomes lukewarm before adding 1/4 cup of half and half, stir well to distribute the color evenly.
8. Pour the mixture and put back in the fridge, possibly overnight before removing from the springform cake pans.
End up with 2 productions,one with Half and Half and berry blue JELL-O dessert ,the other one only with JELL-O dessert on top.See the next picture, Tastes so good!
Peaches, Masarap! (Delicious)