I brought this to our 2000 Hail Mary Prayer Group on the first Saturday this month and although I had to leave early to get some sleep for work, they said that it looks like the Filipino “Sapin-Sapin” and tastes better than the No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake that I brought the other day. I really appreciated the feedback I received to improve the recipe. It will take two to three days of preparation and setting of the gelatine before it will be ready, but it’s worth the wait!
2/3 cup quick-cooking oat meal
2/3 cup flour
2 tbsp. Domino light brown cane sugar
2 tbsp. walnuts (finely chopped)
1/4 cup butter
2 of 8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
4 envelopes Knox (unflavored gelatine)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups frozen Nature’s Touch Organic Wild Blueberries (glass freezer section in Costco)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 boxes of strawberry flavored gelatine
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, and walnuts until well blended. Add the butter until lightly mixed, then with your clean hands, mix it all until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a spring form pan. Set inside the refrigerator.
2. Thaw out the frozen blueberries and boil in a wide shallow pan and when it simmers, turn down the heat and stir 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup honey, when it starts to thicken, mash with potato masher, turn off the heat and set aside.
3. In a huge mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer 2 packages of cream cheese then add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp of lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar until well blended. Set aside.
4. In a smaller pot whisk in 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatine with 1 cup boiling water until dissolved. Pour in 1 cup of iced water to break the boiling temperature then once lukewarm, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream and stir well. Pour this gelatine mixture into blueberry mixture, stir fast and very well before finally adding to the cream cheese mixture.
5. Pour the combined mixture into the crumb-lined springform pan, making sure that the the lock is secured on the side before pouring this mixture or the mixture will run out on the bottom of the pan. Cover with saran plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. The next day, check out if the bottom layer has set and hardens very well. In a smaller pot, boil 1 cup water and whisk 2 small boxes of strawberry flavored powder gelatine until dissolves very well. Pour 1 cup iced cold water until it becomes lukewarm before adding the 1/2 cup heavy cream. Pour this mixture on top of the already set blueberry cheesecake.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight and it will be ready for its presentation as early as morning or afternoon.
8. On its final day of presentation, place the springform pan on top of a footed cake plate.
9. Run a knife all around the side of the cheesecake, then open the lock on the side to loosen the cake and carefully remove the round molder of the pan and voila! You have a beautiful glistening Strawberry Cheesecake !
As always, enjoy this one of a kind, no bake cheesecake.