I was looking to make a healthy banana cake, but I tweaked the recipe by adding a tablespoon of my Jamaican rum cake mixture and surprisingly it came out to be a very crunchy cake on top with some good moisture on the inside with a tinge of rum flavor. It looks and tastes so good! Let’s guide you on the complete recipe now.
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 cinnamon powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
3 bananas (mashed well)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried fruits and chopped dates
1 tbsp. Jamaican rum cake mixture (preparation is on the previous recipe titled Jamaican rum cake)
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder, set aside.
2. In a huge bowl, beat coconut oil and honey, add one egg at a time while continuously beating with electric mixer then beat the milk into it.
3. Turn off the mixer and add the mashed bananas , the dried fruits, dates and the Jamaican rum cake mixture.
4. Add the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture, making sure that you Don’t overmix it.
5. Pour the combined mixture into a Pam-sprayed loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
6. Once baking is done, shut off the oven but leave the cake inside the oven for 10 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and let it rest on the table for 20 minutes until it is completely cooled down.
7. Shake the sides of the loaf pan until the cake slides down onto the plate. Slice carefully with a serrated bread knife.
Be prepared for a wonderfully crunchy and moist cake.
– Peaches, Masarap !