Just got my hands on some veggie and meat balls from IKEA last week, and I also gathered some other ingredients months ago, though I had no time to come up with some IKEA recipes. So what are we waiting for? I’ve waited long enough… This recipe is also great for vegetarians.
half a bag of Grönsaksbullar (Swedish vegetable balls from IKEA)
few slices of pickled ginger (most Asian supermarkets have them)
S & B Wasabi (prepared Wasabi in tube)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and bake the vegetarian balls for 2o minutes in the middle of the oven in a lightly sprayed jelly roll pan. When done baking, turn off the oven and leave the meatballs for 10 minutes before resting in the dining table and cool down a bit.
2. Get some slices of pickled ginger from the bottle and drain on a colander, set aside.
3. Wash and dry your avocados, cut them in half, discard the pit, now cut into small squares with a very sharp knife leaving the peel intact.
4. Assemble the veggie ball, then put the folded pickled ginger on top then remove the avocado peel very gently and put on top of the ginger then spear it with the wooden skewer.
5. Apply a small amount of wasabi (it’s an intense spice, so you’ll really get a kick from this) on the side of the avocado until it flows down on the side of the ginger and veggie ball.
Voila! An exquisite burst of flavor in a Swedish appetizer, easy to prepare and light on your budget. All you have to do is head over to your local IKEA, but if you go crazy with the different products they sell, that’s all on you.
As always, wow your guests and enjoy it too.