Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! I attended my friend’s birthday and I admired her new kind of dessert despite the cold weather, she gave me the recipe and said that I can do it but I admired her more because patience and effort is key here, this is not easy to make I discovered! Fortunately, I had a craving for ice cream, this is an unusual one in which some of my favorite flavors.. The purplish portion you see is purple yam (“ube” in Filipino) ice cream, which contrasts with the milky vanilla ice cream.Then I have the mango flavor, the deep yellow color. The recipe for the ❤️shaped jello has already been posted on February 7th, just type in Valentine’s Day Jello on the search button. Okay? I am listening to Ryan Seacrest’s FM 100.3 with all the nice music and still reminiscing the Grammy Awards, how I wish I am off but not tonight, still got tons of things to do! Need to rest!!!
small Entenmann’s Butter Loaf Cake
the same size EZ aluminium foil which will hold the loaf cake
Magnolia Ube flavored ice cream (from most Filipino or Chinese supermarkets)
Vanilla ice cream
Magnolia Mango flavored ice cream
broken pieces of M&M’s
walnuts, coarsely chopped
pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
1 16 oz can of Hershey’s chocolate flavored syrup
1. Line up the EZ foil with an adequate piece of plastic that you can wrap around your layered dessert which needs to be placed in the freezer later on.
2. Cut the cake into equal lengthwise slices and place the first slice on the bottom of the foil, scoop the vanilla icecream on top of the cake slice and flatten with the back of the spoon, sprinkle pistachio on top.
3. Layer the second cake slice and scoop the Ube Icecream on top, flatten and sprinkle walnuts and repeat on the third cake slice, another scoop of vanilla Icecream again, flatten like in the picture.
4. Sprinkle the broken M&M’s and pour chocolate flavored syrup on top and shake the foil to distribute well then gather the plastic and cover and secure from all sides and place inside the freezer for 24 hours.
5. Take out from the freezer, uncover and slice evenly.
A very mild frozen goodies and they aren’t too sweet! Enjoy the slices and store leftovers in the freezer for future enjoyment. The taste is divine! Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!