I was unable to defrost my walnuts so I decided to use chopped pistachios in this newly baked dessert. Let’s check out and prepare the ingredients first.
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
1 cup butter
3 over ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
rind of 1 lime
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1/4 cup chopped fresh jackfruit
1. Mix well with a whisker in a huge mixing bowl all the dry ingredients as the following: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter with the granulated sugar and light brown sugar with a hand-held mixer. Add 2 eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, lime rind, mashed bananas and jackfruit with a mixer. Then hand mix with a spoon the chocolate morsels and pistachio nuts into the wet mixture and set aside.
3. Now add the wet mixture with the dry flour mixture, don’t overmix, just wet the flour mixture.
4. Spray cooking spray on a 27 x 18 cm bakeware and pour the batter and shake the bakeware to compact the batter into the container, flatten with a spatula and sprinkle more chocolate morsels on top.
5. Bake on a pre-heated oven at 375º F for 30minutes and do the cake test by inserting a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean and nothing sticks on the end of the toothpick then it’s done. Turn off the stove but rest the cake inside the oven for 10 minutes before taking it out also to rest on the dining table. Once it cools down, shake to ease up the sides then turn it down on a cutting board and use bread knife to slice into nice squares.
As usual, yummy treats from Mommy Peach! It rhymes doesn’t it?