Just got back from Las Vegas and I cooked most of my specialties in 2 of the gorgeous homes we stayed in. Voila! Here comes this recipe.
3 lbs.Wild Caught Alaskan Cod fillet
5 very red, ripe tomatoes
1 huge yellow onions (chopped)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin oil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
3/4 cup of white wine
2 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup black olives (sliced into thin rounds)
2 Tbsp capers (undrained)
5 garlic cloves(crushed w/ garlic crusher)
2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
1. Wash and drain cod fillet in a colander, paper towel dry, season generously with salt/pepper mixture.
2. Boil tomatoes in water until skin isc peeling off, plunge in an ice cold water-filled bowl. Drain in a colander, peel off the skin, drain seeds and squeeze juice in a colander and discard the seeds. Chopped tomatoes and mix with juice.
3. Sauté garlic on medium heat in oil until fragrant, add the chopped onions until transluscent. Add Italian seasoning and tomatoes with juice for 5 minutes.
4. Add 3/4 cup white wine, black olive rounds, lemon juice, capers, sea salt, stir and simmer for 15 minutes, turn off the stove.
5. Pour some sauce on a thick oblong bakeware, Line up the cod fillet and pour all the remaining sauce mixture on top of fillet.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven 425ºF for 10 minutes and turn off the oven and leave it inside the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve immediately while still hot.
It’s good to be back from our week long R & R.