Hi, folks so happy that I am back to the keyboard after a 12 hours of work last night and my duty to cook for my family as usual so I have this recipe today that is good for a small and big family. So, let me show you the ingredients in the following picture.
2 7 lb. bag of organic boneless chicken breast or legs and thighs
1 and 1/2 Tbsp. each of coconut vinegar or Braggs Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, fish sauce and soy sauce
1 lime (sliced)
5 cloves of garlic (finely mashed)
4 inch of fresh ginger (finely mashed)
4 sprigs of Rosemary
1 lemon (sliced)
1 green chili (seeded/finely minced)
1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
6 inch leeks (pounded/sliced)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SPINACH and RICE:
left-over chilled rice
a bundle of spinach
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
Kirkland Signature Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
1. Wash, rinse, then dry the chicken in a colander while preparing all the other ingredients.
2. In a huge bowl, mix all the ingredients except the chicken and the lemon slices. Place the chicken in a Ziploc freezer gallon bag then pour the mixture into it. Place horizontally in the refrigerator, keep marinated for 24 hours, flipping the bag in a few times to evenly combine the flavors.
3. The following morning, drain the chicken with its juice in a colander and discard the liquid.
4. Bake the chicken in a single layer in a pre-heated 450 degrees F oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chicken and lower down to 350 degrees F for another 10 minutes. Pick the chicken with a tong leaving the extracted juice in the baking tray.
5. Brown the chicken in a Delonghi convection oven as to your preference, making sure that you don’t burn, only brown the already baked chicken. Turn off the convection oven while preparing the rice and spinach.
6. Blanch the spinach after soaking the leaves in water to remove dirts. Drain in a colander and squeeze the water gently after blanching.
7. Sautee sliced garlic in a hot olive oil in a pan, then add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, stirring until fragrant in medium heat. Stir the blanched spinach to the mix, combining the flavors. Turn off the stove and add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, stir and transfer to a bowl.
8. Add olive oil and pan fry the left-over chilled rice in the same pan, stirring continuously with a very low heat, breaking the rice until just warm. Plate as above and serve immediately with sliced lemon to squeeze into the chicken.
As always, Masarap!